Important notice to users. This notice describes the management methods adopted by the website www.silkwayshipping.com for the purposes of protecting users’ personal data, as required by Legislative Decree 196 of 30 June 2003 governing the protection of personal data. This notice is issued exclusively for the website www.silkwayshipping.com and does not apply to any other website that users may visit by clicking on links.
- The Data Holder is Silk Way Shipping Srl with registered office at Viale Ancona 53 30172 MESTRE (VE) — Italy. Personal data is voluntarily conferred. Processing of personal data is a result of consultation of the website. Personal data may be processed by the Data Holder in hard copy or using the computerised or telematic methods permitted by the Data Holder’s information systems and servers. Personal data is processed by staff expressly assigned to the management of the Data Holder’s information systems and servers.
- SILK WAY SHIPPING Srl collects personal data from access to and navigation of the website in order to permit the proper functioning of services and sections that require the user’s identity, and uses the collected information only for the technical administration of the website and for the statistical analysis of website usage.
- The personal data collected in this way may be disclosed in Italy exclusively for the purposes listed above only to organisations offering relevant services (who consequently process the said personal data exclusively for the same purposes). Such organisations may, by way of example, be external companies entrusted with the management of the www.silkwayshipping.com website.
- Authorisation to use specific information: This website contains specific notices related to specific processing purposes or specific types of data and, whenever necessary, requests express authorisation to proceed.
- Navigation data and cookies: The information systems and software procedures dedicated to the functioning of this website acquire, during the course of their normal operation, certain personal data the conferral of which is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. While this information is not collected for the purpose of identifying users, its very nature makes it possible to do so through additional processing and association with data held by third parties. This category of data includes the IP addresses and computer domain names used by persons connecting to the website, the addresses in URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) format of the resources needed to do so, the time of requests, the method used to submit requests to the server, the size of the file obtained in response to such requests, the numeric code indicating the status of the server’s response (completed, error, etc.) and parameters relating to the user’s operating system and computer system. This data is used exclusively to generate anonymous statistics of website usage and to monitor correct website functioning, and is stored only for the periods permitted by reference legislation. In the event of criminal actions against the website, such data could be used to ascertain responsibility. No use is made of cookies to transmit information of a personal nature, nor of persistent cookies or user tracing systems of any kind. Session cookies (cookies that are not saved permanently on the user’s computer, and that are deleted when the browser is closed) are only used to transmit session data (numeric data generated by the server) needed to make exploration of this website more secure and efficient. The session cookies used by this website do not use techniques that could potentially compromise the confidentiality of users’ navigation nor do they permit the acquisition of personal data that could identify the user. Other Internet addresses that could be reached from this website could, however, use tracing systems outside the control of the Data Holder. SILK WAY SHIPPING Srl offers no guarantee that linked external sites employ suitable security systems to safeguard processed data or prevent damage (e.g. by software viruses).
- Website security measures: Specific security measures have been adopted to manage this website, to guarantee secure access and to safeguard data against the risk of accidental loss or destruction. The antivirus software used in the management of this website is updated daily. While the www.silkwayshipping.com website uses suitable antivirus systems, SILK WAY SHIPPING Srl nevertheless advises users that it is both a legal requirement and a necessary precaution for them to equip their own computer with a system able to scan for and prevent attack by computer viruses.
- Users may exercise all the rights granted them by Article 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 (including the rights to access, correct, update, forbid the use of and demand deletion of their data) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying their request.